About the GTFF
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (GTFF), the union of the graduate employees of the University of Oregon, commits to creating a strong, safe, and diverse community of educators and scholars for the purpose of protecting and promoting the interests of its membership.
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation represents over 1500 Graduate Teaching Fellows and Research Assistants at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. We are local 3544 of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
GTFF in the NewsHere are some recent news articles about the GTFF!
- "UO student teachers approve strike" from The Register Guard (May 23, 2014)
- "GTFF Members and sympathizers rally outside Johnson Hall as contract negotiations continue" from The Daily Emerald (May 23, 2014)
- "Graduate Teaching Fellows hold 'Work-in'" from KLCC (May 24, 2014)
- "Marchers to Rally for Workers Rights" from KEZI (May 1, 2014)
- "Graduate Teaching Fellows Rally at UO" from KEZI (April 25, 2014)
- GTFF President David Craig speaking with Carl Wolfson on his radio show Carl in the Morning on 91.1 KXRY in Portland (April 21, 2014)
- More can be found here.
GTFF Bargaining Support Petition
Join UO faculty, staff, and students and announce to the University administration that GTFs deserve a fair and equitable contract!
Support the GTFF in their Bargaining with the University of Oregon
We—the faculty, staff, and students of the University of Oregon—express our strong support for the Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (the GTFF) in their current contractual negotiations with the University.
In light of the invaluable contribution GTFs make to the instruction and research missions of the University, we feel GTFs have earned a contract that provides them with fair compensation, respectful treatment, and the basic securities provided to other campus employee groups.
We demand that the University take seriously the GTFF’s bargaining proposals— including a minimum wage that actually meets living expenses for graduate students in Eugene, satisfactory vision and dental coverage, and paid parental and sick leave. We also demand that the University respect the right of the GTFF health and welfare trust to oversee health insurance coverage for GTFs.
We stand beside the GTFF and call upon the University administration to take concrete and immediate steps, at the bargaining table and beyond, to provide GTFs with the fair wages, equitable benefits, and respectful working conditions they deserve.
- Ratification Results!
- Tentative Agreement Reached!
- Session 18: The Waiting Is the Hardest Part (Tom Petty, 1981)
- Session 17: Nothing. Happened.
- Session 16: One Last (?) Financial Proposal
- Session 15: The Session Where We Found Half a Million Dollars
- Session 14: Edging Closer
- Session 13: Different Session, Same Proposal
- Fair Share Calculation Upheld