Donate the GTFF Strike Fund!Donate to the GTFF Strike Fund to help support our efforts to agree on a fair contract with the University of Oregon Administration. These funds will help offset costs associated with strike supplies, legal costs, or lost wages.
2014 Bargaining & Strike Information
Sign the GTFF Petition
About the GTFF
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (GTFF), the union of the graduate employees of the University of Oregon, commits to creating a strong, safe, and diverse community of educators and scholars for the purpose of protecting and promoting the interests of its membership.
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation represents over 1500 Graduate Teaching Fellows and Research Assistants at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. We are local 3544 of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
GTFF in the NewsHere are some recent news articles about the GTFF!
- "Supporters Rally behind GTFs amid strike announcement, say UO admin negotiations were 'unnecessary and disrespectful'" Frances Fontana. The Daily Emerald. Dec. 2, 2014.
- "Teaching Fellows Strike at UO" from The Register Guard. (Dec. 2, 2014)
- "Graduate Teaching Assistants Set to Strike on Tuesday" KVAL. (Dec. 1, 2014)
- "U of Oregon teaching assistants to strike before quarter ends" from The Seattle Times (Nov. 28, 2014)
- "Fair Contract Now" from The Eugene Weekly. (Nov. 26, 2014)
- "I Really Love My University, Which is Why I'm Going On Strike" from The Huffington Post Blog. (Nov. 21, 2014)
GTFF Bargaining Support Petition
Join UO faculty, staff, and students and announce to the University administration that GTFs deserve a fair and equitable contract!
Support the GTFF in their Bargaining with the University of Oregon
We—the faculty, staff, and students of the University of Oregon and the community at large—express our strong support for the Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (the GTFF) in their current contractual negotiations with the University.
In light of the invaluable contribution GTFs make to the instruction and research missions of the University, we feel GTFs have earned a contract that provides them with fair compensation, respectful treatment, and the basic securities provided to other campus employee groups.
We demand that the University take seriously the GTFF’s bargaining proposals— a minimum wage that actually meets living expenses for graduate students in Eugene, major dental coverage, and paid parental and sick leave.
We stand beside the GTFF and call upon the University administration to take concrete and immediate steps, at the bargaining table and beyond, to provide GTFs with the fair wages, equitable benefits, and respectful working conditions they deserve.
- Brew-Off Results & Thanks!
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – September 16, 201
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – September 8, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – September 3, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes 8-24-2014
- Fall General Membership Meeting Minutes 10-24-2014
- Steward Council Meeting Minutes 11-10-2014
- Steward Council Meeting Minutes 10-6-2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – August 12, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – July 29, 2014