2014 Bargaining & Strike Information
About the GTFF
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (GTFF), the union of the graduate employees of the University of Oregon, commits to creating a strong, safe, and diverse community of educators and scholars for the purpose of protecting and promoting the interests of its membership.
The Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation represents over 1500 Graduate Teaching Fellows and Research Assistants at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. We are local 3544 of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
GTFF in the NewsHere are some recent news articles about the GTFF!
- "Fair Contract Now" from The Eugene Weekly. (Nov. 26, 2014)
- "Faculty urges UO to settle" from The Register Guard. (Nov. 25, 2014)
- "GTFs at UO: 'Do you have any questions about a possible strike?'" from KVAL (and talented UO Journalism students). (Nov. 21, 2014)
- "I Really Love My University, Which is Why I'm Going On Strike" from The Huffington Post Blog. (Nov. 21, 2014)
- "As GTFF Pickets, UO students react" from The Daily Emerald. (Nov. 21, 2014)
- "U. of Oregon Draws Criticism for Response to Threatened TA Strike" from The Chronicle of Higher Education's The Ticker blog (Nov. 20, 2014)
GTFF Bargaining Support Petition
Join UO faculty, staff, and students and announce to the University administration that GTFs deserve a fair and equitable contract!
Support the GTFF in their Bargaining with the University of Oregon
We—the faculty, staff, and students of the University of Oregon and the community at large—express our strong support for the Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation (the GTFF) in their current contractual negotiations with the University.
In light of the invaluable contribution GTFs make to the instruction and research missions of the University, we feel GTFs have earned a contract that provides them with fair compensation, respectful treatment, and the basic securities provided to other campus employee groups.
We demand that the University take seriously the GTFF’s bargaining proposals— a minimum wage that actually meets living expenses for graduate students in Eugene, major dental coverage, and paid parental and sick leave.
We stand beside the GTFF and call upon the University administration to take concrete and immediate steps, at the bargaining table and beyond, to provide GTFs with the fair wages, equitable benefits, and respectful working conditions they deserve.
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – August 12, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – July 29, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – July 15, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – July 2, 2014
- CGE Executive Council non-Meeting non-Minutes – June 24, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – June 17, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – June 12, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – June 5, 2014
- CGE Executive Council Meeting Minutes – May 28, 2014
- Ratification Results!